Peyton's first birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Fathers Day

It was Cade's FIRST Father's Day this year and we tried to make it memorable.

I thought it would be fun to do something different and unique on a budget. Everything is drawn in chalk on the concrete ground and I just stood on a chair to get the best angle I could without needing a ladder. I was so surprised that Peyton didn't try to roll over and crawl around, my mom helped distract while I got the picture.

Saturday we went to Kemah to start the weekend off. We hit the aquarium for lunch, walked around for a brief time with the Texas summer heat, and cooled off in the water splash area.





We got soaked





soaked again 




First we had lunch with my dad at Olive Garden (his request). As some may or may not know, my dad was diagnosed several weeks back with Acute Myeloid Leukemia which is a type of blood/bone marrow cancer. He is currently undergoing chemotherapy and is so strong and is such a fighter.  We don't know what the future holds right now but we are taking it day by day. I continue to pray for strength for him, for my mom and myself with the path that God has laid out. He did get good news recently that his WBCs were slightly elevated--which is great! We've been having lots of Pawpaw and Peyton days and Peyton just LOVES her Pawpaw!


Pawpaw and Peyton


Daddy's girl all the way!
Giving daddy his present


He loved it!

He also got a sweet card that Peyton made...well you know with a little bit of help. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment