Peyton's first birthday

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 8, 2012

We're having a baby!!!!

So much has gone on these last few months, so let's start with the beginning:

When I returned from New York, I noticed that I hadn't had my monthly visitor....I didn't feel pregnant but I knew that something wasn't the same. So on 11.11.11 I took a pregnancy test--it came out positive so I took another one. Yep, two lines. Though I still wasn't sure since one of the lines was very faint.
Cade came home and I couldn't wait to tell him, "I think I might be pregnant". He was excited and then asked me why I think I am. I showed him the two tests and he just laughed. I went to my OBGYN the next week where they ran some blood tests and said "Congratulations, you're pregnant!" I was 6 weeks pregnant at this time; my first prenatal visit was scheduled at 9 weeks.

9 Week Appointment- December 5, 2011


Cade went with me so we could see our baby for the first time. It was such an amazing feeling to see something so tiny inside of you. We saw what was going to turn into hands and feet wiggling around and the heart beating incredibly fast. Our baby's heartbeat was 163 bpm. Hearing the heartbeat brought tears to our eyes.

We were excited but wanted to wait to tell our friends and family till we reached the end of the first trimester....and Christmas was coming up so we thought this would be a perfect present! During this time , we had more occasions of people asking us when we were going to have kids than we had the entire year; we played it off that we were still waiting so that the Christmas surprise wouldn't be ruined.

My symptoms in the first trimester consisted of:
1. Evening nausea
2. Headaches
3. Extreme exhaustion

Telling the Parents....Everyone had the same reaction!





13 Week Appointment-January 3, 2012

The end of the first trimester (thank you we made it!!!). My pants are feeling a bit more snug :).
I've had the usual symptoms which have by now subsided (for the most part). Baby is healthy and moving around quite a bit on the ultrasound. I can't feel any of this now but I'm sure it won't be long. Baby's heartbeat was 148 bpm.


Our next appointment is January 31st, we are hoping to find out the if it's a boy or girl!

1 comment:

  1. aww, great profile shot! Baby Roper is growing so fast :)

    ReplyDelete